OUR CURRENT RESIDENT NUMBERS ARE:
78 people staying in the shelter this week
including 34 single men, 15 single women, and 29 family members comprised of 17 children and 12 mothers/fathers.
Days are cold, nights colder still!
We need your financial support to provide the homeless
warm & safe shelter and to feed our local community
who cannot afford to feed themselves.
Can you help with these continuing shelter needs?
Do some shopping for the Valley Mission and drop off your donations at the reception desk at 1513 West Beverley Street in Staunton.
Plastic Cereal Bowls
Dish Washing Liquid (large)
Fresh Fruit & Veggies
Click to sign up!
Interested in a career at the Valley Mission? Click here.
Valley Mission Thrift Stores in Staunton and Waynesboro need furniture inventory!
If your house is too crowded to host all your family and friends, get rid of your furniture! Donate it to our Thrift Stores and, wham-o, instantly you have much more room.
If you have lots of items or some really big pieces to donate, our truck can come to your house to collect them. Please call the Staunton or Waynesboro stores to schedule a pickup within a reasonable distance. click here for Thrift Store telephone numbers
'STUFF THE TRUCK' EVENT, A HUGE SUCCESS, THANK YOU!
|WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR OLD CAR OR TRUCK ?
||Here's an exciting new way for you to support the Mission and it takes so little time and effort !
Donate your old car, truck, boat or RV, and take an IRS tax deduction for its fair market value as a charitable gift-in-kind.
|To initiate the donation process, click on this car icon.
The Valley Mission: Celebrating our 43rd year of service in 2014!
Serving our community every day of the year, providing:
- Temporary shelter for the homeless, with 126 beds serving men, women, and families.
- Laundry facilities, hygiene items, infant needs, and school supplies for shelter residents.
- Free meals to our shelter residents and neighbors in need.
- Case management and referral services for shelter residents.
- Limited utility and prescription assistance for shelter residents.
- Vouchers to our thrift stores for free clothing and household goods for shelter residents.
- Food boxes for needy families in the neighborhood during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Pastoral counseling for shelter residents.
- Chapel services twice weekly, open to all in our community.
'For I was hungry and you gave me food; thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you welcomed me; I was naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you visited me; I was in prison and you came to me. As you did it to one of the least of my brothers, you did it to me.'
Valley Mission is a non-profit organization offering shelter, support, hope and God's love to the homeless.
Basic needs of shelter, food, clothing and spiritual encouragement are provided to all.
Valley Mission is located in the west end of Staunton, Virginia
1513 West Beverly Street, Staunton VA 24401
Contact us by telephone 540-886-4673 or by email email@example.com
Valley Mission is a non-denominational, faith-based 501(c)(3) non-profit agency.